Our Customer is an important player operating in the integrated logistics sector. In order to implement the work team at an important production plant, they are looking for an:
Site Manager - Logistics
The profile, reporting to the Operations Director and to the Client, with a view to improving logistics processes and procedures within the Plant, will manage the local Management Team and will have the following responsibilities:
- Defining, coordinating and supervising all the activities and resources of the Operating Unit to which they belong;
- Guaranteeing the correct delivery of materials to the Customer, the correct storage, allocation and identification of materials, correct handling of materials and the eventually realization of packaging;
- Coordinating missing operational requirements with all departments involved, timely escalation of issues to the Head of Logistics and where necessary concerned departments;
- Monitoring the application of all the regulations, procedures and organizational solutions concerning quality, safety and the environment;
- Promoting actions to improve operational processes and develop the skills of operational staff;
- Contributes towards recruitment, training, supervision and appraisals of employees.
The ideal candidate will have to meet the following requirements:
- Degree or Master in Mechanical Engineering or similar scholarship background;
- 8 - 10 years of experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Site Manager Logistics, Logistic Manager, Operation Manager, preferably in Industrial, Aeronautical or Automotive Industry;
- Preferable origin from the logistics sector;
- Excellent and fluent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
The profile is endowed with authoritativeness, flexibility and problem solving with a marked inclination to analytical thinking and attitude to group work with operative resources; The ideal candidates are professionals with autonomy, proactivity and determination in achieving the objectives, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to interface with colleagues and customers at different levels of the hierarchy.