Our Client is a multinational Group operating in the Automotive sector as OEM and with several production Plants and BL.
In order to enforce the Program Management Team, they’re looking for an:
Reporting to the Plant Manager and, in dotted line, to the Senior Director-Global Program Management, the position is responsible for global program management of the assigned program(s) throughout the entire product life cycle (from pre-acquisition through end of production), providing customer support and taking full program management ownership of related activities that fall within other departments or organizational structures (quoting, purchasing, product engineering, supplier identification, launch and post-production). This position’s primary objective is to lead the timing, target deadlines, scope, financial results, and quality for the program(s).
This position will contribute to the company’s profitability from an overall perspective by monitoring and managing associated effort, cost, and quality from strategic projects/programs. In addition, this position will ensure that project checks and balances are being applied, corporate processes are being adhered to and key issues and risks are being proactively resolved and reported to key stakeholders.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of programs on a day-to-day basis and throughout the complete product life cycle. Focus should be on scope, priorities, timing, associated APQP process deliverables and budgets (product cost, other direct cost, CAPEX, resources, etc.).
- Serve as the primary point of communication interface to the customer(s) of assigned program(s).
- Provide clear, detailed and effective communication of program issues and status with internal/external customers on a regular basis during the entire project lifecycle.
- Establish solid relationships with key customer contacts responsible for the decision-making process.
- Establish timeline including activities that must take place for successful completion, determine inter-dependencies, duration of activities, resources required, and any constraints jeopardizing success.
- Liaise directly with internal project lead roles (engineering, manufacturing, design, etc.) ensuring project progress is aligned to timing, cost and quality targets (including Phase Exit approvals)
- Assign and delegate key project tasks to appropriate team members and follow up on their completion.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to the scope are documented and approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Prepare and conduct program review status meetings for the management team including open issues, activity owner, promise dates etc.
- Clear understanding of technical terms internally, the customer’s business as well as their associated terminology.
- Collaborate with global project management team to establish best practices and lead effort for implementation of a company-wide program management system.
- Responsible for project team formation and the approval of resources from relevant functional managers.
- Responsible for project closure, lessons learned and project hand over to lead plant.
- Supports and adheres to policies and procedures established within the Quality System, Production System and all Safety Standards.
- Responsible for maintaining an 85% or greater GREEN rating of Phase Exit completion in accordance with the PMP process and Management KPI’s.
- Responsible for maintaining an 85% or greater GREEN rating for Program Status (utilizing Weekly Program Summary and Windchill/ProjectLink tools) in accordance with the PMP process and Management KPI’s.
- Confidently escalate any RED program issues to executive management requiring roadblock removal/executive support.
- Maintain any RED Alerts within the Quality Alert Notification System.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Business or Engineering, a minimum of 5-7 years in Program Management. She/he has strong analytical skills – ability to identify issues, develop solutions, and drive resolution and excellent communication skills. She/he is detail oriented, extremely accurate. Previous experience working in a plant operations role is preferred.