Our client is a company specialized in the design and production of hot runner injection systems for molding plastic materials.
In order to develop their sales department, they’re looking for an:
Inside Sales Engineer
Together with the Field Sales Engineers this position has to provide technical and commercial offers to our potential customers in different countries.
The Inside Sales Engineer has to feel responsible for the customer project to ensure the project – once it’s won – is delivered in time and budget.
This position reports to the inside sales Supervisor and is supported by the local Application team.
He/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth handling of the technical offers, so that customer needs are met and the product requested is duly quoted in all its parts.
He/she maintains relations with internal and external customers aimed at obtaining final confirmation from the customer and operates with a view to continuous improvement, especially as regards the communication and operational processes of the company and the Group.
The person covering this role needs to align his/ her activities with the team in the Italian headquarter and the local branch offices.
Together with Application Engineering and the Field Sales Engineer he/ she develop a commercial quote offering a profound technical solution to the customer.
Furthermore he/ she manage the project once it’s won to ensure the right level of communication with the customers.
He/she contributes to the team ensuring that all the orders are managed respecting the criteria of appropriate quality and timelines and according to the company policies and the business goals.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Support our customers by telephone regarding new applications and/or on-going projects;
• Team-up with the local Sales team to prepare and negotiate offers according to given specifications and within prescribed limits;
• Close collaboration and information exchange with the customer, the engineering department, the sales representative and the department logistics to ensure a smooth customer experience;
• Support and monitor projects from the planning phase to delivery and beyond in later use;
• Based on the customer requirements, develop solutions in the field of application technology for hot runner systems in cooperation with the application engineering department;
• Support service projects (customer complaints, repairs and reconstruction) and sales actions (documentation and quote status);
• Perform some financial/HR tasks if applicable related to the subsidiary.
• University degree or high school certificate in the field of plastics, mechanical engineering or process engineering;
• At least 3 years experience in the field of plastic injection molding;
• Good knowledge in MS-Office is a mandatory;
• very good technical German language skills are mandatory; Fluent English is also requested;
• Willingness to occasional travels;
• Decision-oriented and team-oriented personality
• Excellent analytical skills to understand the customer’s needs, flexibility and accuracy to manage complex technical solution are a must.
The ideal candidates are professionals with autonomy, proactivity and determination in achieving the objectives. He/ she should have excellent interpersonal skills to interface with colleagues and customers at different levels of the hierarchy.