Our Client, multinational Company operating worldwide in the Technology and Aerospace industry, is looking for an
Indirect Supply Chain Manager
This reource is responsible for Indirect spend management and will need to recommend and implement strategies for effective vendor selection, consolidation and leverage to minimize the organization’s procurement costs without compromising quality or services. The leader will be responsible for the creation and implementation of category strategies with a 3 – 5 year plan aligned with the business needs.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Owns the operations of all phases of Indirect Procurement.
- Leads the Indirect team to drive compliant process control while securing the best supplier selection for all service needs.
- Develop and hone team’s talent and provide positive motivation and direction on tactical as well as strategic efforts.
- Develops strategies for effective vendor selection, leverage and negotiations with a view to minimize procurement costs without compromising quality or service.
- Directs the resolution of stakeholder issues or problems. Escalates major service or quality issues to work together with Central Indirect team and others to drive resolution.
- Works with the Indirect team to identify synergies, process efficiencies and standardization where possible.
- Leads tenders (RFP’S), analysis and creates negotiation plans to ensure the best commercial position is reached.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific suppliers.
- Ensures services are delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- Engage and work closely with the stakeholders to understand their needs/requirements and develop category strategy’s obtaining business sign off at the relevant level.
- Ensures there is an understanding of the global strategies for each commodity area which are aligned where possible to the local category strategies.
- Carry out detailed spend analysis and understand the requirements of the business to identify priorities for the strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience
- Supply Chain/Sourcing/Indirect Procurement experience
- Leadership experience
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good knowledge of contract law
- Project management
- Ability to travel 10 to 25%
- Procurement experience in a manufacturing industry
- SAP Experience