Our Client, multinational Company operating worldwide in the Techology and Aerospace industry, is looking for an:
Authorization and Technology Manager
The selected Manager will report directly to the Trade Compliancy Manager in Italy and will be a contributing member of the business segment Technology Management Team, with a strong focus on classifications related to export regulations and WCO Harmonized Tariff System - HTS and will operate in synergy with all the other Key BUs: national, regional and worldwide.
- Support critical program initiatives related to authorizations management, including but not limited to: policy and procedure implementation, self-assessment activities, closure of corrective actions and continuous improvement efforts;
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of the authorizations and technology management programs at all sites in Italy and drive continuous improvement efforts and enhanced program and process management across the business, including revising existing and/or developing new standard work to ensure authorizations processes are executed and managed appropriately across Italy and consistent with all regulatory and Company requirements;
- Serve as the Company point of Contact with Italian Government for authorization-related matters, in conjunction being responsible for U.S. authorization management, including ensuring timely completion of quarterly certifications by signatory agreement owners and transactional testing; hosting training for signatory agreement owners and users, as necessary;
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all authorizations-related communications to the Italian government, including providing support and guidance to local authorizations and government relations specialist in drafting and filing all export-related license applications;
- Support the Business Unit's critical trade compliancy program initiatives related to export classification and technology management, including but not limited to: policy and procedure implementation, self-assessment activities, closure of corrective actions and continuous improvement efforts;
- Provide technology management leadership, export classification training and guidance to classifiers and technology managers located at the Company's sites in Italy, including revising existing and/or developing new standard work to ensure the BU's export classification processes are implemented, executed and managed appropriately across Italy and consistent with all regulatory and Company's requirements.
- 5-10 years of compliance experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of trade compliancy related experience;
- Strong engineering and/or technical background is required;
- Aerospace (program/technical) experience is desirable;
- Strong understanding of Italian export control requirements is required;
- Understanding of U.S. export requirements and U.S. authorization management is desirable;
- Solid project/program management and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in managing a team of direct reports required;
- Requires good communications skills: verbal and written as well as experience in preparing and delivering leadership reviews and training material;
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership is a plus;
- Fluency in English and Italian Languages are a "must".